I feel like I start every post with something along the line of “SORRY I HAVEN’T POSTED IN SO LONG”, so I’m gonna change it up today and start with this:
I APOLOGIZE FOR MY LACK OF POSTS. I’m so bad at this.
Anyway, today I’m going to talk to you, the internet, about the things I am excited for during this upcoming holiday season, because as we all know, if I’m excited for something, you should be too goddamnit. To be quite honest, many of these things have to do with talking to approximately zero people and sleeping a lot. That’s just the kind of gal I am.
But before I begin, I’d just like to set the scene for you. As I write this blog post today, it is about 1pm on Tuesday, December 9th, 2014. This day is important because I have just finished all of my final exams and papers for my fall classes, but still have two weeks before I go home to my family. At this moment, I am in my bed. More importantly, I have not left my bed yet today. I bet you’re thinking, “Wow, you must be hungry”, and you would be right. I am very hungry. But food is a thing that requires preparation, and even worse, leaving my bed. So due to the fact that I do not have a live-in servant, I have not eaten any food on this brisk Tuesday. If you are in the area, please stop by and make me a cup of coffee and maybe some pancakes or something. That’d be great, thanks in advance.
Well, now that you know where I’m at right now, here are some things that I’m looking forward to in this month we call December.
- Having an actual reason to stay indoors all day. Now let’s face the facts, winter is gonna get real, fast. I’m already wearing two pairs of pants every day and winter doesn’t even start until the 21st. With this, when people are like “Emma, do you want to come to this party with me?” or “Emma, do you want to come sledding?” or even “Emma, do you maybe think it’s time you went grocery shopping? All you have in your fridge is an egg and 1/4th of a bottle of Sriracha”, I can calmly respond with “No, it is too cold outside, I might get hypothermia if I leave my bed. And, for that matter, an egg with Sriracha sounds like a well balanced meal to me, so you can suck it.”
- Catching up on television and movies. Saved in a note on my computer (and on my phone if the cursed iCloud would function properly but it doesn’t because I don’t understand it works but we won’t get into that right now) is an extensive list of movies that I need to watch that I feel will enrich my life. Just to give you an idea of the eclectic mix of films I have on there, one of them is Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, and another is La Bare, which is basically Magic Mike but as a documentary because how on earth could that go wrong??? Well during these next couple weeks, I assure you I will be watching many of these films, alone, in my bed, as classic works of cinematic art SHOULD be enjoyed. I’m so excited.
- Watching the Victoria’s Secret fashion show. I hate myself.
- Having time to edit in PEACE. With my ~hectic~ life, I have very little time to actually sit down and work on any project. BUT NO MORE. I can finally express myself through the majesty of software and create things because ART. Also my old computer crashed and burned and I lost a lot of things including part of an edited project that I will now have to start from scratch so yYyyaAaaAAaAsSSSss. My life RULES.
- Being able to drink hot chocolate literally all the time and have it not be weird. CHRISTMAS IS THE SEASON OF HOT CHOCOLATE AND THAT’S HOW IT IS OK? And putting peppermint and cinnamon in things. AND NOT HAVING ANYTHING PUMKIN SPICED. Team “Winter Flavors” for life. Also hot cider is cool too, but it’s not actually, you know… cool… because it’s hot… temperature-wise… you know what I mean. But hot cider get’s a lot of it’s cool factor from it’s ability to be spiked with your liquor of choice, which is nice. It can warm you physically AND emotionally. Win-win.
- ChRiStMaS!!! ‘Tis the season to receive lots of presents but also have to spend an annoying mount of money on things for other people who are IMPOSSIBLE to buy for. Buying gifts for people is fun, until it’s December 24th and you find yourself in the picture frame section of AC Moore looking for gifts for your family who you KNOW ARE GONNA HATE PICTURE FRAMES. Christmas also comes with the whole “spend time with your loved ones” thing which is also pretty dope.
- You can bet I’ll be playing a lot of ukulele. And I will probably learn a weird rendition of “Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance because FUCK IT WHY NOT?
I hope everyone is as excited for December as I am.
Also, I am now posting this at 10:22pm because I tragically had to leave my bed today and eat food, among other things. Being a person is so hard.